Tawan is a creative inventor and abstract artist.
He aims to innovate sustainable technologies for life.
Undergraduate – King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Bangkok
– (2014 – 2018)
Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering (B.Eng.) – GPA 2.65 of 4.00)
• Received innovation scholarship from the University Student Affair (Academic year 2016)
• Received long-term scholarship from Junior Science Talent Project (JSTP), NSTDA, Thailand (Academic year 2013-2017)
High School – The Prince Royal’s College, Chiang Mai
– (2011 – 2013)
High school qualified in Math-Science Program – GPA 3.21 (from 4.00)
• Received “Chiang Mai Horner Youth prize 2013 – Field of Academic Education”, Chiang Mai Province.
Element School ~ Middle School – Chongfah Sinseng Wanich Bumrung, Chiang Mai
– (2002 – 2010)
Middle school qualified
Thesis: Soft Gripper Design and Fabrication for Harvesting Tomatoes
– (Aug 2017 – current)
• Lead in design and developing of soft gripper force limit control algorithm on embedded controller.
• Lead in design and fabrication of soft gripper controller (base on microcontroller).
• Lead in pneumatic soft gripper deformation behavior simulation by using finite element analysis (Abaqus).
BioX Food Fab: Liquid Deposition Modelling 3D-Food Printer
– (Mar 2016 – Dec 2017)
Project Director and Co-founder
• Co-Research: Making Food With Mind: Connecting Food 3D-Printer With Brain Computer Interface (Freak Lab, KMUTT Jan 2018).
• Co-Project: Personalized Food Fabrication in Space : An Evaluation on the Fabrication Process of Multi-Viscosity Substance in
Zero Gravity by Food 3D printer (Freak Lab, KMUTT Jun 2017 | Won the Thai National Space Exploration proposal).
• Implement SlicerBurger, web-based 3d-food model slicer, and food 3d-printer (cookie/royal icing).
• Exhibition: ADM symposium, School of Arts, Design, and Media – NTU, Singapore. (June 2017)
• National Patent pending: 1601005808 – “Process of 3d-printing Alua and Cookie using 3D-Printing Process.”
• Finalist: KMUTT Hatch Challenge, pitching in Startup Thailand 2016 (April 2016)
GravitechThai Co., LTD (Internship)
– (Mar 2016 – Dec 2017)
• Test, review, and coding tutorial of water flow sensor (YF-S201, YF-S401 on https://www.gravitechthai.com/).
• Test motor driver board, design and construct automatic dumbbell machine (showcase at Startup Thailand 2017).
• Design and prototype sweets vending machine.
Lean Print Project: Low-cost 3d-printing solution using recycled plastic
– (Nov 2015 – current)
Head of Machine Design and Co-founder
• Design and Test small plastic extruder for “Plastic garbage recycling into plastic filament for 3d-printing” sub-project
• Design and construct the MicroFABB, low-cost large-volume delta 3d-printer.
SimDScience Laboratory, King Mongkut’s University of Technology Thonburi
– (May 2015 – Feb 2017)
• Design, basic stress analysis, and construct Chamber Lid design for Evaporation Machine.
• A head of laboratory safety.
Experiments to measure the Aerodynamics in the near-space conditions compare to normal ground conditions (Team Project)
– (Apr 2014 – Mar 2015)
• Finalist – Thai Youth Space Ambassador Contest (THASA), GISTDA, Thailand (Mar 2015)
• Design, simulate it apogee, and construct solid-propulsion model rocket and rocket launchpad on balloon.
• Conference: at 1st Thai Astronomical Conference (Student Session), NARIT, Chiang Mai, Thailand. [December 2014]
Solar Cooled Box: a portable storage for food and beverage cooling powered by solar power
– (Feb 2013 – Oct 2013)
• Won 2nd-silver-prize from National division and 1nd-gold-prize from state division, National Science Project Competition 2013, The Science Society of Thailand Under the Patronage of His Majesty the King.
• Finalist – Thai Oil Innovation Contest 2012, Thai Oil Group and Chulalongkorn University.
Analysis of Bicycle Energy Recovering using Flywheel
– (Mar 2012 – Dec 2013)
• Initiate, design, motion/force analyse for kinetic energy recovery during braking, and system efficiency analysis.
• Won long-term scholarship from Junior Science Talent Project (JSTP) generation 15 (May 2013).
• Conference: at 20th National Children Science Congress, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. [December 2012].
EL Energy (Electrochemical Cell from Local Waste Clay Energy)
– (May 2011 – Sep 2011)
• Design battery tank and electric circuit.
Ratio variation of Platinum-Nickel Catalyst Preparation on Carbon Supporter for Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell (PEMFC)
– (May 2009 – Apr 2010)
• Reduce Platinum catalyst by adding nickel in cathode electrode side (inside proton exchange membrane fuel cell).
• Receive short-term scholarship from Junior Science Talent Project (JSTP) generation 12
Ninyawee, N., Thintawornkul, T., Pataranutaporn, P., Ngamarunchot, B., Itthipuripat, S., Wilaiprasitporn, T., Promnara, K., Ngamkajornwiwat, P., Surareungchai, W. (2020) Making Food with the Mind: Integrating Brain-Computer Interface and 3D Food Fabrication. In: Arai K., Bhatia R., Kapoor S. (eds) Proceedings of the Future Technologies Conference (FTC) 2019. FTC 2019. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, pp. 239-247, vol 1069. Springer, Cham
A. Kultongkham, S. Kumnon, T. Thintawornkul, and T. Chanthasopeephan*. “Design and fabrication of a soft gripper for harvesting tomatoes”. The 9th TSME International Conference on Mechanical Engineering Hosted by Mechanical Engineering Department, Thammasat School of Engineering, Thammasat University. 11-14 December 2018. Thavorn Palm Beach Resort, Phuket, Thailand. [December 2018] *Corresponding Author: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apimuk Jenwithisuk, Tawan Thintawornkul. “Experiments to measure the Aerodynamics in the near-space conditions compare to normal ground conditions”. 1st Thai Astronomical Conference (Student Session). National Astronomical Research Institute of Thailand (NARIT). Chiang Mai, Thailand. [December 2014]
Nantanick Tantivasadakarn, Sorachat Tharamak, Tawan Thintawornkul. “Analysis of Bicycle Energy Recovering using Flywheel”. 20th National Children Science Congress, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India. [December 2012]
|Language||Thai (native), English (fluent),
Chinese (intermediate, HSK Level 3 Qualified, 2010)
|Fabrication||3D-Printing (FDM, LDM 3d-printer), wire-cut, CNC-router (milling 3-axis), Laser Cutter, Milling machine (3-axis), Lathe machine, welding (TIG (Argon)-intermediate, arc welding (SMAW)-intermediate).|
|Design||CAD (Solidworks, AutoCAD (2D), Inventor, Fusion 360), CAE (Abaqus),
CG: Final Cut Pro, Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premier Pro, Photoshop Lightroom.
|Coding||Embedded C/C++ (Arm Mbed, Arduino), Matlab-Simulink, Intermediate: Python/Shell Script (macOS, Linux (Debian, Ubuntu))
Application: Microsoft Excel VBA (Macro)
|Leadership||Tech-Startup team management (immediate), activity leader, project manager|
|Art/Music/Sports||Photography, painting (water/oil color) | Violin, drum | Triathlon|
Media | Design Experience
UNLIMITED MAGAZINE – (Sep 2014)
Art director for Unlimited Magazine, the free science magazine available on SE-ED Book Online (http://www.se-ed.com)
• Design template, paging-layout for Unilited Magazine issue 2, 2014
Kao’s Memorial Book, The Prince Royal’s College – (Mar 2014)
Kao’s Memorial Book, The Prince Royal’s College
• Do photo-collaging and paging-layout for this book.
Volunteer | Participation
The White Room Charity – (Sep 2013 – Oct 2016)
An activity leader for 4 science camps, and deliver advanced science stories through simple activities.
• The White Room Charity first camp: Ban Kao Din School, Chonburi. (Aug 2013)
• The White Room Charity second camp: Ban Kao Din School, Chonburi. (Sep 2014)
• The White Room Charity third camp: Ban Kao Din School, Chonburi. (Sep 2014)
• The White Room Charity forth camp: Ban Don Plao School, Nakhon Ratchasima. (Sep 2016)
• Staff: The White Room Charity staff recruitment camp, Kasetsart University. (Sep 2016)
JENESYS 2.0 (25th batch (Science and Technology)) – Japan International Cooperation Center (JICE)
– (Aug 2015)
• Selected Thai/ASEAN youth to participate most Japan government exchange program.
Aeronautics Research Skill Practice in 4-seat Composite Airplane “Cozy Mark IV”
– (Nov 2013)
• 4-day internship, composite part fixing for Cozy Mark IV with Dr.Sawat Tantiphanwadi, NSTDA.
YGSC (Young Guest Speaker Club)
– (Jun 2011 – Nov 2013)
• Attend activity leader training camp: YGSC (“พันด้าย” (Pan-Dai) #32). (Jun 2011)
• Staff: “ล่นตวยกั๋นบ๋อ” (Let’s run together), the public mini-marathon around Chiang Mai Old City for youths. (Dec 2011)
• Staff: “Gift for Giving”, the public mini-marathon around Chiang Mai Old City for youths. (Nov 2013)
The Regional Asean Service to Learn Camp 2012 #1 (The Prince Royal’s College & Vang Vieng High School)
– (Mar 2012)
• The camp staff (Thai and Laos student, teacher) had fixed 2-buildings at Vang Vieng High School, Lao PDR.